Operation Stop CPS
"Take Your Knee off the Necks of Families
They Can't Breathe"
Operation: Bring Zephaniah Home (Active)
This Is Not Justice
On August 30, 2021, Judge Kathy Stein made a ruling that Zephaniah was at risk of neglect. There was no evidence presented to support this ruling. Listen to this injustice for yourself.
Watch the Illegal Removal of Zephaniah from his mother at only 2 days old by Kentucky Child Protective Services.
Latest Court Update: Next Court Date is August 30, 2021
Ms. Sellers adjudication trial is currently in recess. The trial will resume on August 30, 2021 at 1pm. We will be posting information shortly to ask for volunteers to stand in solidarity with Ms. Sellers on August 30, 2021 to demand the return of Zephaniah to her care. Thousands of people witnessed the moment our Zephaniah was ripped from Ms. Sellers. All those who will no longer stand for this abuse will unite on August 30, 2021.
On May 19, 2021 at only 2 days old, Zephaniah was taken from his mother unnecessarily by the Kentucky Child Protection System (CPS).
- On May 16, 2021, Ms. Sellers arrived at Baptist Hospital Lexington to give birth to Zephaniah.
- Ms. Sellers gave birth to Zephaniah at 5:06am on May 17, 2021 without complication.
- Ms. Sellers wanted Zephaniah to stay in her room at all times to reduce his exposure to COVID. Ms. Sellers assertiveness was mislabeled as "angry" and "overreactive" just hours after giving birth when nurses insisted that Zephaniah go to the nursery.
- A report for "risk of neglect" was made by Holly Rollins, MSW at Baptist Hospital. Ms. Rollins NEVER MET Ms. Sellers or Zephaniah prior to this malicious report being made. The report was made just hours after Zephaniah's birth.
- On May 19, 2021, Kamika Joyner, CPS Social worker, arrived at Baptist Hospital to meet with Ms. Sellers and Zephaniah. Ms. Sellers and Zephaniah were both discharged home from the hospital prior to the arrival of Kamika Joyner. When Ms. Joyner arrived, Ms. Sellers was breastfeeding Zephaniah before heading home to begin their life together. Ms. Sellers asked Ms. Joyner to leave her hospital room so she could continue her discharge plan. Ms. Joyner refused to honor Ms. Sellers request and instead, Ms. Joyner spearheaded and orchestrated the attack on Ms. Sellers and Zephaniah's life.
- Ms. Sellers was choked by hospital security and Zephaniah was ripped from Ms. Sellers hands by an officer with the Lexington Police Department.
Ms. Sellers was arrested for 2nd degree disorderly conduct and taken to jail. Zephaniah was taken to the nursery where he stayed overnight while CPS found a foster home for him to be discharged to.
Ms. Sellers has not neglected Zephaniah but yet she is forced to face another day without her child in her custody. This is NOT right. This is NOT justice. We must STOP CPS from hurting this family. Listen to this mother's story in the video below and help support this mother by contributing to support her legal defense. Keep this family in your thoughts.
Update: Zephaniah is POSITIVE FOR COVID (Aug 2, 2021)
Zephaniah was EXPOSED to COVID-19 while in the custody of Fayette County Cabinet for Health and Family Services. Zephaniah originally tested negative for COVID on July 27, 2021. The Cabinet refused to remove this vulnerable child from the foster home after a member of the home tested positive for COVID-19. On July 31, 2021, Zephaniah spiked a 102 degree fever and had to be rushed to the hospital. The Cabinet refuses to release this child from CPS custody to recover from this deadly virus with his mother. Please keep Ms. Sellers and Zephaniah in your prayers.
Ms. Sellers goes to trial to be heard on the illegal removal of her child on August 13, 2021.
Update on Operation: Bring Zephaniah Home (July 19, 2021)
On July 9, 2021, CPS filed an amended petition alleging NEW grounds for the removal of Zephaniah in May 19, 2021. This proves Kentucky CPS knows their initial petition was not sufficient when it was filed on May 19. The amended petition contains more lies and fabrications in an attempt by Kentucky CPS to cover up this injustice. On July 12, 2021 Judge Stein refused to hear Ms. Sellers motion for the reconsideration of the dismissal of the petition granting CPS custody of Zephaniah. Judge Stein stated that she was not prepared to hear Ms. Sellers motion. A new attorney represented the CPS worker in court on July 16 and a new GAL was also appointed to the case on this date. The case was set for a case management conference on July 16, 2021 in attempt to give the parties the opportunity to come to a resolution without a trial. Ms. Sellers was denied entry to this conference and a resolution was not agreed upon. Kentucky CPS made the decision to take this case to trial and ignore the truth. The adjudication hearing is set for August 13, 2021. Keep Ms. Sellers and Zephaniah in your prayers as they push forward in their pursuit of JUSTICE.
Update on Operation:
Bring Zephaniah Home (July 4, 2021)
It is time to go inside the courtroom of Judge Libby Messer, the Fayette County Family Court Judge in Lexington, Kentucky who overruled Ms. Sellers motion to dismiss the petition that continues to separate this newborn baby from his mother. What you are about to see and hear should challenge how you see the Child Protection System. Episode 2 of Operation Stop CPS's Podcast Series: The Voices of the Unheard is available now. Share Ms. Sellers story with your friends and family to help bring awareness to this PROBLEM.
Time Is Up Kentucky
Judge Messer RECUSED herself due to a potential bias that should have been disclosed from the beginning. Judge Kathy Stein is the newly appointed Judge and she has been suspended for judicial misconduct for 'jumping to gun" and not giving a mother the opportunity to heard in court. Kentucky transfer Ms. Sellers juvenile case to Jessamine County ASAP.
Support the Movement to Finally STOP the Unchecked Power of CPS
Every purchase of the Respond in Power Guide and/or T-shirt helps Operation Stop CPS's mission to empower families and hold CPS accountable for their abuse towards families. We NEED your support to finally put an end to this system.